Perfect for on the go breakfast and snacks! Throw the ingredients together in 5 minutes and no cooking necessary!
Below is only a guideline on which ingredients to use, feel free to play with your own favorite ingredients:
What you will need
- Container: I like using jars, their deep shape holds the liquid nicely and the lid is easy to maneuver.
- Oatmeal: Rolled oats is preferred but I usually use steel cut. Just make sure not to get the instant kind. Read the package label, there should only be ONE ingredient - oats.
- Milk: Almond milk, coconut milk, and if you can tolerate animal milk, by all means take your pick. (Homemade almond and coconut milk are quick and easy without any chemical additives!)
- Other ingredients to spice it up: Chia seeds, ground flax seeds, raw cocoa powder, maca powder, shredded coconut, cinnamon powder, vanilla beans, yogurt, fruits, raisin and avocado. (Use your imaginations here.)
What to do
- Fill the jar half way with oatmeal.
- Add in seeds and powders, coconut, vanilla beans here if desired.
- Fill the jar with your choice of milk and yogurt, leaving about 1 to 1 1/2 inch space on top.
- Shake jar and have a fun dance.
- Place jar in the refrigerator over night (or at least 3 hours if you can't wait that long).
- In the AM, add on (insert your toppings here), honey if you desire some sweetness and enjoy!